May 25th-June 1st, 2019
This trip is especially designed for mothers and their grown daughters.
Marrakech, also known as The Red City due to the buildings made of red clay, was founded in 1062 and is surrounded by 12th century walls. Enter inside the walls of this ancient city and you will discover a gateway to an age-old culture. Prepare for an intoxicating assault on the senses with startling contrasts of colors, mixed aromas of musky perfumes and incense, languages peppered with Arabic, Berber and French and tasty foods influenced by the vast variety of spices from the Far East. The atmosphere is teeming with humanity and the best way to enjoy the experience is to embrace it.
Marrakech is one of our most exotic destinations that we offer and we would like to share this with you by introducing you to our favorite places. Come and experience Marrakech - it is a destination like no other!
Trip Length: 8 days, 7 nights
Trip Style: Cultural & Desert
Group Size: 8-12 Women
Accommodation: Traditional Luxury Riad inside Medina & Glamping in Tents
Activities: Cultural tours, Majorelle Gardens & Berber Museum, Bahia Palace, El Badi Palace, Saadian Tombs, markets, henna gathering, camel riding, trekking in the Atlas Mountains (easy level) and lunch in a Berber village, stargazing, free time, cooking class, hammam (spa) experience, meeting with local women.
Price: Coming Soon
We will be residing inside the walls of the traditional medina (town) so that you can immerse yourself in the culture. Our riad, a traditional Moroccan house with an inner courtyard, will provide an easy launching point for us to explore the winding labyrinth of passageways and alleys that constitute the souk (markets). At the end of a day of discovery, the riad will also provide a tranquil retreat from the chaotic rhythm of the medina. You will be staying only a short walk from Jemma el-Fnaa, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, often referred to as an open-air theater due to the musicians, snake charmers, belly dancers, storytellers and a variety of other characters who fill the square in the evenings creating a scene from One Thousand and One Nights.
To uncover some of the vast secrets of the city and discover the rich history, we will use a private tour guide to visit the significant sites such as the Bahia Palace, El Badi Palace and Saadian Tombs. Outside of the walls of the medina, we will take the time to savor the Majorelle Gardens which houses the intricate displays of the Berber Museum. Shopping, not to be forgotten, will be an important activity on this trip as the souks contain a vast array of perfumes, spices, clothing, Moroccan shoes, caftans, baskets and fabrics. We will have the opportunity to discover this wondrous array of wares using both a guide as well through our own individual wanderings.
An essential part our cultural experience of visiting Marrakech is a visit to a traditional Moroccan hammam (spa). This ritual dates back thousands of years and it is one that you will not want to miss. The traditional hammam massage includes a body scrub and a massage that is unlike any other due to the unusual ingredients and the different components of the ritual. You will come away feeling very clean, relaxed and refreshed.
Henna gatherings are common in the Middle East and often given for special occasions. A henna tattoo artist will join us for you to partake in this traditional custom that Middle East women have enjoyed for centuries. We will also embark on a culinary experience by engaging in the preparations of the traditional dishes of Morocco with local women.
After the frenetic pace of Marrakech, the tranquility of the desert will be a welcomed relief. Glamping is the modern day solution for women who want to experience the ancient call of the desert winds but in comfort! We will embark on a journey to the desert and spend a night glamping in tents. Some of the highlights of our desert stay include riding camels and spending the evening with an astrologer stargazing. Board games and other activities are also available. We will also visit the Atlas Mountains and a local Berber village to explore the region and have lunch.
All tents have an attached private bathroom facility and shower and you will have the option of sharing a tent sleeping in twin beds or sleeping solo in your own tent. All meals will be made by local women from the village and brought in daily.
We will be visiting Marrakech during Ramadan. Ramadan is the month when Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset. However this will only enhance our visit as the souk is a little less crowded during the day. Shops open around 10:00 a.m. and close before individuals break the fast (closing about an hour before sunset) and then open back up about an hour and a half after sunset and stay open until late at night. Foreigners are not expected to fast and we can move around freely and have water with us wherever we go. We will be respecting the custom and not walk down the street eating; however, during the day the restaurants still cater to foreigners and our Riad will also be cooking some of our meals for us. In the evenings, the restaurants are alive and filled!
The benefits of visiting during Ramadan are many. A cannon is sounded every evening to signal the breaking of the fast, special foods are served after sundown that you can only eat during Ramadan, the shops stay open until 2:00 a.m. in the morning and the souk is alive and brightly lit in the evenings.
Details coming soon
Details coming soon
What is included in the price of the Marrakech May 18th-25th trip with Femscape Sojourns?
- eight days and seven nights’ accommodations;
- most breakfasts, lunches and dinners;
- all transportation to and from the scheduled group activities;
- all guides for the group activities;
- camel ride;
- trekking in the Atlas Mountains;
- night with an astronomer in the desert;
- scheduled hammam (spa) experience;
- cooking class;
- henna gathering;
- visit to the Jardin Majorelle and Berber Museum;
- meeting local women;
- group scheduled yoga or meditation classes;
- all group scheduled cultural tours such as visiting ancient or historical sites;
- sales tax for the Femscape Sojourns booking.
What isn't included in the price of the Marrakech May 18th -25th trip with Femscape Sojourns?
- airfare to and from the retreat location;
- transportation to and from the airport and hotel. We will provide you information on transportation options;
- activities that you choose to do on your own during the free afternoons;
- additional excursions or additions to planned excursions;
- additional spa treatments;
- wine, champagne or any type of alcoholic beverages. This is an option that you are welcome to pursue at your own expense;
- optional gratuities for hotel staff, tour guides, spa employees, or other guides or instructors;
- two lunches and one dinner;
- extension of your stay beyond the planned trip;
- mini bar items;
- food ordered through room service or any additional meals or snacks;
- movie rental in room;
- any item not specifically listed as included.
Reservation and Payment Policy
We are still negotiating final prices. If you are interested in coming on this trip with us, please express interest below and we will email you first about the final arrangements so that you can book early as Marrakech is a very popular destination.
Trip Cancellation Policy
Unexpected events happen in life which can cause you to change your plans. We highly recommend that you obtain travel insurance. Most insurance agencies require that you purchase travel insurance within 14 days of booking your reservation. At times, depending on the type of policy you purchase, travel insurance may pay for all or some of your cancellation fees.
Cancellation charges reflect the many expenses Femscape Sojourns cannot recover if you need to cancel, even if you must do so due to a personal emergency.bThis policy is not meant to be punitive. Femscape Sojourns has incurred various charges in reserving your place on this journey and planning for your participation. Please note that we do not make any refunds for any unused portion of your trip, not arriving, arriving late or leaving the trip early.
- If you cancel 91 days or more prior to the first day of the sojourn, 100% of your payment can be applied toward the cost of another trip with Femscape Sojourns within the next two years.
- If you cancel 60 to 90 days prior to the first day of the sojourn, 75% of your payment can be applied toward the cost of another retreat with Femscape Sojourn within the next two years. 25% of your payment is nonrefundable.
- If you cancel 31 to 59 days prior to the first day of the sojourn, 50% of your payment can be applied toward the cost of another trip with Femscape Sojourns within the next two years. 50% of your payment is nonrefundable.
- If you cancel 30 days or less prior to the first day of the sojourn, 25% of your payment can be applied toward the cost of another trip with Femscape Sojourns within the next two years. 75% of your payment is nonrefundable.
*To cancel your trip, you need to contact us via email at Femscapesojourns@gmail.com specifically stating that you would like to cancel your trip. We will process your cancellation within 10 business days
The cancellation policy date applies from the date we receive your email request.
The Marrakech around 40+ 2019 Trip
All of our trips offer you the option of submitting a deposit and paying for the rest of the trip in a series of payments with full payment due 90 days before the start of the first day of the trip. Marrakech is a popular destination. If you are interested, please express interest below and we will send you the information on prices and booking before we post it on the website.
Prices coming soon . . .