Buenos Aires, often referred to as the Paris of South America, is a city alive with passion. Known for its love of tango, wine, and beef, Buenos Aires is a city steeped in rich history and influenced by centuries of waves of immigrants from Europe. There is a vibrant energy that lingers in the air and a slow pace in daily life. Come and experience this city by indulging in wine tastings, tango lessons, polo matches, shopping excursions, people watching and more.
Trip Length: 8 days, 7 nights
Trip Style: Cultural
Category: Boutique Travel
Group Size: 8-12 Women
Accommodation: Boutique Hotel in Palermo Soho
Activities: Explore Buenos Aires on foot and on bicycle • Teatro Colon • Evita Museum • La Recoleta Cemetery • Museum of Decorative Arts • Explore art and people watch in the La Boca neighborhood and the Plaza de Mayo • Explore the historic area of San Telmo • Spend the day at a polo club watching a polo match, playing a game of polo, relaxing by the pool, or walking the beautiful grounds of the polo club • Wine tasting • Shopping • Tango show • Tango lessons • Cooking classes • Visit various local markets and fairs
Prices: See below for a variety of options
Our focus on this trip will be on immersing ourselves in the culture and saturating our senses. We will eat decadent foods and drinks but balance this indulgence by walking, cycling and tango. We will be staying in Palermo Soho, one of the trendier parts of Buenos Aires. Our hotel is on a quiet street a short walk away from cafes, restaurants, parks, museums and artisanal markets. You will have plenty of free time to stroll the lazy tree-lined cobblestoned streets and browse boutiques situated in converted warehouses and in Spanish-style houses.
On this trip, a variety of decadent culinary experiences await you. Each day will begin with a rather generous breakfast by the pool at the hotel. We will sample a wide array of Argentine foods at local restaurants in Palermo. For a more personal and intimate experience, we will also sample a multicourse meal with wine pairings at a closed-door restaurant known as Puertas Cerradas. These are private dining rooms in the homes of local chefs. Known for their variety and high quality, these dining alternatives have become quite popular in recent years and offer you an authentic cultural experience. To help us take a little of the culture with us, we will take a cooking class to learn how to prepare traditional foods.
The vast array of high-quality local wines available in Argentina and the enthusiasm of locals to consume this libation has, in part, influenced the Argentine government to declare wine as their national drink. Wines as well as wine tasting establishments are plentiful throughout Buenos Aires and in keeping with the spirit of the local customs, we will indulge in wine tasting as well as enjoy wines with some of our meals.
A cultural immersion trip to Argentina would not be complete without appreciating polo. The game of polo is considered a national obsession in Argentina and their players’ skills are unmatched in the sport. In high demand worldwide, Argentinian polo players are referred to as ‘hired assassins’ when employed by overseas clubs. Boys are trained in the skills of riding and the secrets of the game from a young age. As part of our cultural immersion experience, we will spend a day at a polo club watching a polo match, learning the rules of a simple game of polo and mounting horses and playing! No previous experience on horses is required.
An activity that is dear to many Argentinians is tango. Whether you are an experienced tango dancer or you have never tried the dance, you will have the opportunity to learn the basics of the dance during a group tango class. We will also watch a professional ‘stage’ tango show but even more important we will visit a ‘milonga’ (dance gathering) where seasoned locals dance tango the traditional way – with deep feeling and passion. You can join in on the dancing or just watch!
For the Buenos Aires trip, there is free time built into the schedule every day except on the day that we spend at the polo club. If you would like to take daily tango classes, please let us know and we can arrange this experience for an extra fee (we do not take a commission but the fee is for the instructor) or you can arrange this directly with the instructor yourself.
Buenos Aires is divided into various barrios or areas, each with a unique personality. You will have plenty of opportunity to walk and visit the various cultural sites and talk with locals. We have the opportunity to take walking and cycling tours of the various barrios in Buenos Aires such as the brightly colored La Boca barrio which is lined with artists and markets and San Telmo where we will find street tango performers and antique dealers. To fully appreciate the historical offerings of Buenos Aires, we will tour the Evita Museum, the famous La Recoleta Cemetery and the breathtaking Teatro Colon opera house.
By the conclusion of our journey. You will have a true appreciation for the many delightful aspects of this Latin American culture!
What is included in the price of the Buenos Aires 2019 trip with Femscape Sojourns?
- accommodations for seven nights and eight days in a boutique hotel in one of the trendiest neighborhoods in Buenos Aires;
- all guides for the scheduled group activities;
- breakfast every morning, dinner on the night of arrival, dinner at a closed restaurant known as Puerta Cerradas;
- Argentine cooking class;
- guide for a private group shopping excursion;
- an evening of Argentine wine tasting and sampling of a charcuterie board with a local wine expert;
- all scheduled group activities such as transportation to polo club, activities at the polo club including watching a polo game, learning and playing polo, tasty empanadas and argentine wine upon arrival, enjoying a traditional Argentine BBQ with farm-to-table vegetables, salads and unlimited wine;
- guide and bicycles for private bicycle tours of the barrios of Buenos Aires;
- guide for private walking tour of the barrios of Buenos Aires;
- private tour of the La Recoleta Cemetery;
- tour and entry fee to the Evita Museum;
- tour and entry fee to Teatro Colon opera house;
- a group tango lesson;
- entrance fees to watch a professional stage tango show;
- entrance to two milangos;
- round trip transportation to all group activities that are not walkable;
- meeting with a local woman;
- free time for you to explore your interests such as relaxing, shopping, taking tango classes, etc.;
- sales tax for the Femscape Sojourns booking.
What isn't included in the price of the Buenos Aires 2019 trip with Femscape Sojourns?
- airfare to and from the retreat location;
- transportation to and from the airport to the hotel. We will provide you information on transportation options;
- all meals not listed as included;
- any type of alcoholic beverages (with the exceptions noted above). This is an option that you are welcome to pursue at your own expense;
- optional gratuities for hotel staff, tour guides, or other guides or instructors;
- any item not specifically listed as included.
Reservation and Cancellation Policy
If you would like to travel with us, please click on the BOOK button below with your deposit of 30% of the total cost of the retreat. The remaining balance is due 91 days before the first day of the retreat. If you are booking less than 91 days before the trip, the full balance is due at the time of booking. After you pay the deposit, you can submit the rest of the payment in increments with full payment expected 91 days before the start of the sojourn. We accept Visa, MasterCard and PayPal.
Double Occupancy (2 women sharing a room with twin beds and ensuite bathroom): USD $3,460.00 per person
Double Occupancy Deluxe room (2 women sharing a room with twin beds and ensuite bathroom): USD $3, 600.00 per person
Single Occupancy Deluxe room (1 woman in a room with a double or queen bed and ensuite bathroom): USD $4,600.00 per person
Unexpected events happen in life which can cause you to change your plans. We HIGHLY recommend that you obtain travel insurance. Most insurance agencies require that you purchase travel insurance within 14 days of booking your reservation. At times, depending on the type of policy you purchase, travel insurance may pay for all or some of your cancellation fees.
Trip Cancellation Policy
Cancellation charges reflect the many expenses Femscape Sojourns cannot recover if you need to cancel, even if you must do so due to a personal emergency. This policy is not meant to be punitive. Femscape Sojourns has incurred various charges in reserving your place on this journey and planning for your participation. Please note that we do not make any refunds for any unused portion of your trip, not arriving, arriving late or leaving the trip early.
- If you cancel 91 days or more prior to the first day of the sojourn, 100% of your payment can be applied toward the cost of another trip with Femscape Sojourns within the next two years.
- If you cancel 60 to 90 days prior to the first day of the sojourn, 75% of your payment can be applied toward the cost of another trip with Femscape Sojourn within the next two years. 25% of your payment is nonrefundable.
- If you cancel 31 to 59 days prior to the first day of the sojourn, 50% of your payment can be applied toward the cost of another trip with Femscape Sojourns within the next two years. 50% of your payment is nonrefundable.
- If you cancel 30 days or less prior to the first day of the sojourn, 25% of your payment can be applied toward the cost of another trip with Femscape Sojourns within the next two years. 75% of your payment is nonrefundable.
*If you need to cancel your trip, please contact us via email at Femscapesojourns@gmail.com specifically stating that you would like to cancel your trip. The cancellation policy date applies from the date we receive your email request. We will process your cancellation within 10 business days.
Information About Booking Flights
It is best to fly into the Ministro Pistarini International Airport located 22 kilometers (13 1/2 miles) outside of the city. This airport is also called Ezeiza with the code (EZE). Before you travel, we will give you information on airport shuttles that you can use. We will already be in Buenos Aires so you can plan your arrival anytime during the day and you will be free to explore the trendy neighborhood that we will be staying in until the evening when we will all gather at the hotel and go to dinner. We will be in touch with you after you book with additional information and we will stay in touch with you until the trip date.